Musician Visa Attorneys in Los Angeles
Supporting the Music Industry in Los Angeles and Clients Nationwide
Our lawyers at Oakhurst Immigration Law take great pride in helping some of the best foreign musicians and industry professionals obtain the work authorization and legal status they need to bring their craft to the United States. International artists make tremendous contributions to the arts, and we can help you choose among several visa categories that will allow you to create or continue your own contributions.
Here are just a few of the musicians and related professionals we can assist:
- Musical groups
- Music librarians
- Symphony orchestras
While USCIS provides multiple options for individuals of extraordinary talent, obtaining a visa requires an extensive preparation process and thorough knowledge of all requirements. Our team can help you prove to USCIS that you (or your applicant) exhibit extraordinary ability in your field or endeavor. We can also help these individuals bring essential support staff and family members with them to the United States.
Types of Visas for the Music Industry
At Oakhurst Immigration Law, we help individuals and businesses obtain a wide variety of visas. Each type has unique requirements and intended purpose. Our first step will be to help you understand all your options.
These options include:
- O-1B: for individuals with extraordinary ability in the arts. You may obtain this type of visa for a single project or multiple projects under several employers.
- O-2: for the essential staff (e.g. talent managers) of O-1B visa holders.
- P-1B: for internationally recognized music and entertainment groups. These groups must qualify collectively in order for all members to obtain the proper work authorization to practice, record, promote themselves, and tour in the United States. This visa allows for up to one year of employment authorization.
- P-1S: for the essential staff (e.g. talent managers, handlers, executives, sound engineers, etc.) of P-1B holders.
- E-1: for talent managers and organizations (if their country has an E-1 bilateral trade relationship with the U.S.).
- L-1: for intra-company transfers of executives and skilled employees in foreign talent management agencies (must have a subsidiary in the U.S. with at least 50% common ownership).
Even after you decide which visa is right for you, navigating the application process can be impossible without qualified, experienced support. Our team at Oakhurst Immigration Law has assisted innumerable world-renowned professionals, and we are fully prepared to handle your case with precision and efficiency.
Our team at Oakhurst Immigration Law focuses exclusively on entertainment and creative industries. In addition to our rigorous legal training and breadth of knowledge, we have in-depth experience with athletics, music, film, entrepreneurship, performing arts, and much more. When you retain our services, you can benefit from attorneys who understand not just the immigration system but the unique career or passion you are pursuing.
We work exclusively in O & P visas, ensuring that you get the best representation from people who know what they are doing. Reach out to us today to discuss your unique case.