Employment Based Visa Alternatives to H-1B and L-1 Visa Programs
Are you thinking about immigrating into the United States on an employment visa? Before doing so, it's important to weigh all of your options to ensure you are applying for the most appropriate visa with the help of a skilled and knowledgeable Immigration Attorney. At Oakhurst Immigration we pride ourselves in our ability to think out of the box in order to come up with unique strategies to ensure a favorable outcome.
In this blog, we'd like to review a few of the options that exist as alternatives to the H-1B and L-1 Visa Programs which have been recently banned by the Trump administration. O-1A and O-1B visas are great employment based visas that can be used as alternatives in your path to the United Sates.
Advantages of the O-1 Program:
- Cost: Filing Fees are $460 for regular processing and $1440 for Premium Processing
- NonImmigrant Status: Freely travel in and out of the United States with flexible work authorization
- Quick Processing: Can obtain visa within 1-2 months
- Family Benefits: Spouse can obtain work permit and children receive derivative benefits as well
Advantages of Applying for an O-1 Visa:
O visas can last for several years and survive changes in teams and leagues. The athlete can safely travel in and out of the country and there is options available for immediate family members.
There are some benefits that exist specifically for Real Estate Investors:
- Transactional: It is easier for investors to obtain U.S. financing for projects
- Teaming Up: A great way to get the world’s best talent to come to the United States even with ban
- Flexibility: A O-1 visa holder can work for multiple employers and contracts on same visa
- Protected: This visa category is likely to be protected from subsequent immigration bans
- Exclusive: O-1 visas are much more difficult to obtain than H-1B having O-1 visa support can be a competitive advantage
- Durable: O-1 visas are an excellent start towards an EB-1A self petition green card process
How do you know if you qualify for and O-1A Visa?:
- Sustained national or international acclaim
- Membership in prestigious organization
- Original Contributions
- Significant awards
- Judging the work of others
If you're interested in applying for the O visa program contact us today to learn more!